Sunday, December 30, 2012

Update Windows 7

Here I have small habit in updating my Window 7. I regularly update Windows 7 but until now I never get detected.

The key is manually choose which part to update. First set the automatic update off. Control Panel - Windows Update - Change Setting (On the left of window) - Choose "Check for update but let me choose whether to download and install them".

Now back to Windows Update. do check update.. after several minute (depend on internet connection speed). After donw now there are 2 option that can be click near Install Update button, "XX important update are available" and "XX optional update are available" .. XX indicate the number.

click the important one.. you may update all except this items.. which are:
Update for Windows 7 (KB971033)
   "This update to Windows Activation Technologies detects activation exploits and tampering to key Windows system files."

Another update that I never done are:
1. Update for Windows 7 (KB2718704)
     "Install this update to resolve an issue which requires an update to the certificate revocation list omn Windows system and to keep your systems certificate list up to date."
2. Update for Windows  7 (KB2779562)
     "Install this update to resolve issued caused by revised daylight saving time and time zone laaws in several countries."

The last 2 update that I mention, I never update that because I think it didn't useful to me, (at least in my opinion). The rest you can update, it can enhanced your PC performance like mine.

When the first time I use Windows 7 Ultimate before SP1, my windows explorer often get crash and force restart, especially when I open big file/folder (ex. contain HD/BlueRay movie). But now.. It's fine the crash rarely happen..

Until now this habit give me no problem. My OS almost perfectly work fine. So, hope this small post can be useful to you..

Happy Expressing..!!

No comments:

Post a Comment